NH1 Motors Block

Nov 25, 2016 6:34 PM

Multiple residents displaced after fire in six story high-rise

NH1.com

MANCHESTER — A two-alarm fire in a high-rise apartment building has displaced multiple people.

A box alarm in the Hugh Gallen apartment building located at 200 Hanover Street was activated prompting a response by Manchester Fire Department.

Fire officials said there was smoke visible on the first floor upon their arrival but the sprinkler systems kept the flames at bay.

The six-story building houses between 100 and 130 people, according to Chief Goonan of the Manchester Fire Department.

The first floor of the building was evacuated but residents of the rest of the building were told to stay where they were.

The cause of the burn is believed to be improperly disposed of smoking materials.

One person from the room where the fire began was transported to Elliott Hospital for smoke inhalation. They were conscious when they were transported by ambulance

Three others were checked on scene and released.

Goonan said six to eight families will be displaced by the incident because of smoke and water damage.

The Red Cross is assisting the displaced residents.

--  Need a new car or even a boat? Click here to check out the all-new NH1 Motors --

--

»Comments

Must Read on NH1.com

Car Quiz NH1 Motors
NH1 NH Community Calendar and Event

NH1 Motors Featured Dealers

Grappone Automotive Group

Goodhue and Hawkins

First City Cars & Trucks

 Monday, 5:15 p.m. - President Donald Trump gives joint statements with Prime Minister Narendra Modi of India

 

 

 

NH1 on Facebook

NH1 on Twitter