Martin Luther King Day, 'a day on'
Donations for the homeless will be collected until Jan. 16 at various locations throughout NH as a part of this year's state-wide community service project in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. sponsored by AmeriCorp Victim Assistance Program in collaboration with New Hampshire's AmeriCorps and Senior Corps programs.
Acceptable items include: peanut butter, socks, gloves, and toothbrushes.
The following locations will be accepting donations until Jan. 16:
· City Year New Hampshire, 848 Elm Street, Suite 201, Manchester, NH
· Families in Transition, 394 Second Street, Manchester, NH
· YWCA, 72 Concord Street, Manchester, NH
· The Friends Program, 202 North State St., Concord, NH
· Begin Again, 132 Monadnock Hwy, Unit 5, Keene, NH
· SHARPP, University of NH, 2 Pettee Brook, Wolff House, Durham, NH
· WISE of the Upper Valley, 38 Bank Street, Lebanon, NH
· SASS, 7 Junkins Avenue, Portsmouth, NH
· The Plymouth Congregational Church, 4 Post Office Square, Plymouth, NH
· Grafton County Nursing Home, 3855 Dartmouth College Hwy, North Haverhill, NH
· Tri-County CAP, Inc., 30 Exchange Street , Berlin, NH
According to the press release, socks and gloves are the most requested.
On Jan. 19 the organizations will come together and distribute the items around NH to the homeless as part of what they call "a day on, not a day off."
For more information, contact Marie Linebaugh, AVAP Program Coordinator, at 603-224-8893 ext. 315.