NH1 News Debates


Nov 15, 2014 8:04 PM

Manchester fire believed to be caused by a child


MANCHESTER - Investigators believe that a child playing with a lighter is the reason a second floor apartment caught on fire Saturday afternoon.

The fire broke out on 62 Ahern Street in a second floor bedroom and firefighters were able to control the blaze before it reached other units. There was extensive damage to the second floor as well as smoke and water damage to the first floor.

It was initially reported that there were people in the apartment at the time of the fire but that was later found to be false and no injuries were reported.

Damage costs are estimated to be around $45,000. The cause of the fire is under further investigation.


--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

More from NH1.com

NH1 News Debates
NH1 News Replay

NH1 on Twitter

NH1 SkyView Cameras

NH1 on Facebook

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome