NH1 News Debates


Jan 20, 2015 11:06 AM

Man arrested twice in Manchester within 12 hours


MANCHESTER - Police responded to the area of Cilley Road and Cherry Avenue at noon on Thursday for a reported hit and run accident. Officer Tom DuBois and Michael DeJoy investigated the crash involving a silver Volvo station wagon and the victim's motor vehicle.

At the time of the crash, they were told an unknown man was the operator of the Volvo, so they contacted the registered owner, Renee Griffin in an attempt to identify the operator of the 2001 S70 station wagon.

The officer later determined the identification of the operator and located him inside a Cilley Road apartment. Police said the operator was William Farnsworth, 21, of Manchester. He was arrested and charged with conduct after an accident and habitual offender.

Manchester Police Traffic Enforcement Officer Mark Aquino was patrolling the area of Queen City Avenue and South Willow Street approximately 11:55 p.m. on the Jan. 19 when he observed a motor vehicle infraction in the same area. He immediately activated his emergency lights and conducted a motor vehicle stop at Elm Street and Welch Avenue.

The vehicle he stopped had two people inside. He noted a male operator and a female passenger; however upon approaching the vehicle he realized the occupants attempted to change positions inside the vehicle. Officer Aquino realized the original male operator, who had allegedly changed positions in the vehicle was the same individual arrested earlier in the day for a hit and run involving the same vehicle, a 2001 Silver Volvo station wagon.

Offier Aquino arrested Mr. Farnsworth and charged him with violation of bail, disobeying a police officer and habitual offender. He will appear in the 9th Circuit Court-Manchester on Jan. 20.


--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

More from NH1.com

NH1 News Debates
NH1 News Replay

NH1 on Twitter

NH1 SkyView Cameras

NH1 on Facebook

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome