Feb 1, 2016 6:39 PM
CONCORD - Daniel Musso, Sr., of East Kingston, will remain in jail as he awaits trial on federal firearms charges.
The 54-year-old was arrested in Brentwood last week following an FBI sting where he's accused of buying hand grenades from an undercover agent.
Musso is accused of ordering and attempting to buy $16,000 of ammunition and other items - including grenades and rockets - over a several month period starting last July.
The FBI said it began investigating in August after a tip from a firearms dealer who Musso allegedly approached to purchase the items.
It's not Musso's first brush with the law.
Video shows him at an anti-gun rally back 2013 where Concord Police used a stun gun to restrain him.
In federal court Monday, prosecutors argued he is dangerous and a flight risk.
Musso's attorney highlighted his strong ties to Rockingham County and says he is not a danger to the community. Musso's siblings and children were present at the hearing.
The judge ordered he remain behind bars until his trial.
1 hour 4 minutes agoThe man charged with providing the drugs that resulted in the death of 17-year-old Eve Tarmey has been sentenced to 20 years in prison....
2 hours 50 seconds agoJames Dale has filed a petition in federal court seeking again to receive a new trial in the rape and murder of six-year-old Elizabeth...
6 hours 4 minutes agoPolice in Hampton, New Hampshire, say they found a man dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound following an hours-long standoff at a motel....
13 hours 50 minutes agoWith just 12 days to go until Election Day and the latest polls in New Hampshire’s blockbuster U.S. Senate race indicating a dead heat,...
17 hours 39 minutes agoPolice have captured a suspect in a possible abduction in Londonderry NH. They said the woman and a child were found safe. (More)