Mall of New Hampshire evacuated for small fire
MANCHESTER — The Manchester Fire Department responded to the Mall of New Hampshire for a small fire Friday.
Mall employees reported a fire at about 5:30 p.m. saying it was within the wall.
Men's Wearhouse and the Apple store along with surrounding hallways had smoke in them.
The mall was evacuated and the public was asked to stay out for about 45 minutes.
Firefighters located the fire in an exterior wall. They opened up the wall from within the mall as well as outside it to extinguish the fire.
No one was injured during the fire. Damage to the building was estimated to be about $10,000.
The cause of the fire was determined to be careless disposal of smoking materials in the mulch by the wall.