Embed Code Copied

May 31, 2016 2:08 PM

Littleton murder suspect's mother says she wasn't shocked by shooting, thinks drugs to blame

LITTLETON - The Attorney General launched a homicide investigation over the holiday weekend when neighbors in Littleton called 9-1-1 after hearing gunshots that left one person dead.

READ: 2 arrests made in connection with Littleton murder

22-year-old Robert Pierog was pronounced dead outside his Littleton home. Two have been arrested in connection with the shooting.

Littleton District Court was packed on Tuesday. Friends and family of the victim turned out and said the killing was the result of a disagreement between friends that turned deadly.

READ: GoFundMe page set up to raise money for Littleton murder victim's funeral expenses

“There are just so many levels and so many lives that that little kid messed with,” said family friend Angie Nyce.

“That’s bad news around here. This is a good neighborhood,” neighbor Ronda Tellier said. “It’s very sad that they are going to ruin their whole lives over whatever the situation was."

Both men charged in the murder appeared in court on Tuesday. Damion Yeargle, 21, was charged with first-degree murder. Quade Kadle, 18, was charged with being an accomplice to murder.

“There's nothing that could have led Damian to pull out a rifle and to shoot Robby multiple times," said Nyce, with tears in her eyes. "There is nothing that kid could have done to deserve this.”

Yeargle's mother, Jennifer Barner, was in court and told NH1 News she saw it coming.

“Did it come as a shock? No it didn’t," Barner said. "No mother wants to believe that their children are capable of that.”

The Attorney General has been mute on a motive or the trio’s previous history with each other, but Barner told NH1 News she may have an idea how a fight between friends ended in a death.

“It’s no secret Damion does drugs," Barner said. "Rumor has it, it has something to do with that. It wasn’t just one family that lost here. We’re all going to lose in the end.”

There is a GoFundMe page set up for the victim’s family to help pay for funeral costs.

The two suspects will be back in court June 9 for their probable cause hearings and are being held without bail.

--  Need a new car or even a boat? Click here to check out the all-new NH1 Motors --



Must Read on

NH1 Dining

NH1 on Facebook

NH1 on Twitter