NECMF
Courtesy - Lebanon Fire Department

Jan 18, 2016 11:32 AM

Lebanon fire officials say vacant building fire deemed suspicious

NH1.com

LEBANON (AP) — Fire officials are investigating after a weekend blaze that destroyed a vacant building in Lebanon has been declared suspicious.

The Valley News reports the fire at the two-story wood frame structure on the Hanover Street Extension was reported around 1:45 a.m. Saturday.

Fire Chief Chris Christopoulos says the blaze was deemed suspicious because the building, which used to be part of a brick factory, had no power or natural ignition sources.

The Lebanon Fire Department received a complaint that young people were entering the building about three months before the fire broke out.

Christopoulos says the owner agreed to board up the building and label it as "no trespassing" about a week to two weeks ago. No work had been completed on that front as of Saturday's blaze.

--  Need a new car or even a boat? Click here to check out the all-new NH1 Motors --

--

»Comments

Must Read on NH1.com

NH1 Dining

NH1 on Facebook

NH1 on Twitter