Real-time N.H. traffic updates

Apr 26, 2016 3:28 PM

Leaking gas from a motorcycle to blame for a 2-alarm fire in Keene

NH1.com

KEENE - A leaking gas tank on a motorcycle is believed to be the cause of a two-alarm fire that consumed a two-story garage Tuesday morning, officials said.

The fire broke out at 37 Fairbanks St. at about 11:11 a.m. Firefighters arrived to find the detached structure completely engulfed and called for mutual aid from Swanzey and Brattleboro, Vt.

Two occupants that were in the building escaped without injury. The building is considered a total loss.

Fire officials said the blaze was caused by a gasoline that leaked from a motorcycle and was ignited by a propane heater being used in the garage.

--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

--

»Comments

Concord, NH
Broken Clouds 34°
2pm 38°
3pm 40°
4pm 41°
5pm 42°

 

N.H. DollarSaver

 

 

 

NH1 on Facebook

Download NH1 App

NH1 on Twitter

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome