Aug 31, 2015 1:34 PM
Kinder Morgan to educate residents on proposed pipeline through open houses
NEW IPSWICH – Kinder Morgan will be planning several open houses this fall to educate residents about a proposed natural gas pipeline through the southern part of the state.
The proposed pipeline has concerned residents over air and noise pollution, private property and safety concerns.
According to the Union Leader, New Ipswich is the proposed spot for a 41,000 horsepower compressor to be installed and will be the first open house.
Open houses are also planned for Fitzwilliam, Milford, Salem and Merrimack.
Kinder Morgan is seeking approval before the end of 2016 and hopes to begin construction in January of 2017.
The open houses are planned to take place between 6 and 8 p.m.
Open house dates and locations
• Sept. 9: Mascenic High School at 175 Turnpike Road, New Ipswich.
• Sept. 10: The Fitzwilliam VFW on Route 12.
• Sept. 15: Hampshire Hills at 50 Emerson Road, Milford.
• Sept. 16: Rockingham Park at 79 Rockingham Park Blvd. in Salem.
• Sept. 17: The Merrimack American Legion at 43 Baboosic Lake Road.