NH1 News Debates


AP file photo

Jun 22, 2015 5:49 PM

Judge bans both sides from contacting juror in Hernandez case

The Associated Press

BOSTON (AP) - A judge is barring both sides of the completed Aaron Hernandez murder case from contacting one of the jurors who convicted the former New England Patriots star tight end of a 2013 killing.

The order follows concerns from a Hernandez lawyer that the juror might have been "untruthful" during jury selection. Lawyer James Sultan said in earlier court records he received an anonymous tip that the juror had been present for a discussion about a separate Boston double-murder case Hernandez is also charged in.

Sultan said the defense would have asked that the juror be excused if it had known.

The judge's order prohibits all direct or indirect contact with the juror.

Hernandez was sentenced to life in prison without parole for killing Odin Lloyd in North Attleborough.


--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

More from NH1.com

NH1 News Debates
NH1 News Replay

NH1 on Twitter

NH1 SkyView Cameras

NH1 on Facebook

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome