NECMF

Dec 20, 2015 2:49 PM

Hassan calls for full investigation into Keene gas scare

The Associated Press

KEENE — Gov. Maggie Hassan is calling for a full investigation into a gas mixing problem at a Keene utility plant that prompted carbon monoxide warnings and had firefighters responding to more than 100 calls about gas odors.

Liberty Utilities officials the problem began at about 9 a.m. Saturday and affected the mix of propane and air flowing into the distribution system — producing elevated levels of carbon monoxide in some instances.

At least five people were treated for carbon monoxide symptoms.

In a statement issued Sunday, Hassan said she is asking the state Public Utilities Commission to investigate. She also urged all residents to buy carbon monoxide detectors.

"State and local emergency management and public safety officials will continue to work closely with the Keene Emergency Operations Center to ensure that the situation has been resolved," the statement reads in part.

--  Need a new car or even a boat? Click here to check out the all-new NH1 Motors --

--

»Comments

Must Read on NH1.com

NH1 Dining

NH1 on Facebook

NH1 on Twitter