Real-time N.H. traffic updates

Jan 9, 2016 4:14 PM

Gas fireplace causes fire within walls of Manchester home

NH1.com

MANCHESTER - Homeowners who smelled smoke near their gas fireplace called firefighters who uncovered a fire that had spread into the walls adjacent to the fireplace late Saturday morning.

Firefighters say they arrived at the home at 142 Rosegate Farm Drive to see smoke coming from around the sealed fireplace insert. When they opened it up and took the fireplace apart, they found fire burning in the walls and garage ceiling.

Fire crews were able to extinguish the blaze before it spread further but smoke spread through the house and temporarily displaced the family.

Further investigation revealed the fire had been burning undetected for several hours. The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental but additional investigation will focus on installation and service records for the gas appliance.

No one was injured but the damage to the house was estimated around $20,000.

--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

--

»Comments

Concord, NH
Broken Clouds 27°
10am 32°
11am 35°
12pm 37°
1pm 38°

 

N.H. DollarSaver

 

 

 

NH1 on Facebook

Download NH1 App

NH1 on Twitter

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome