Laconia Fire Department - Facebook

Jun 8, 2016 3:32 PM

Gas explosion sends man to hospital after trying to ignite pilot light in Weirs

LACONIA — A man was taken to the hospital with burns after a gas explosion on Tuesday.

The victim was trying to ignite the pilot light at 21 Weeks St. in Weirs, according to the Laconia Citizen. He was transported to a Lakes Region General Hospital for evaluation.

Officials said the fire had been extinguished by the time they arrived on scene but the building still sustained $10,000 worth of damage.

The gas was shut off before the crews arrived.


--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

More from

NH1 News Debates
NH1 News Replay

NH1 on Twitter

NH1 SkyView Cameras

NH1 on Facebook

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome