Apr 30, 2015 4:19 PM
Fund set up for Bow woman with cancer whose home caught on fire
BOW - The Bow community is rallying around Charlotte Buxton, whose home was badly burned in a two-alarm fire Sunday night.
The longtime resident was at the hospital receiving cancer treatment when the blaze started.
Buxton has worked at the town's Baker Free Library for two decades. According to the Concord Monitor, friends describe Buxton as someone who helps others without giving it a second thought.
Now, residents are returning the favor.
Shortly after the fire, Baker Free Library Director, Lori Fisher, set up a donation fund at Merrimack County Savings Bank in Buxton's name. The fund encouraged residents, members of the library and Bow Mills United Methodist Church, where Buxton attends service, to join in.
Librarian Amy Bain said, "There is a great outpouring of support for her."
Friends and family are not only raising money for Buxton but also making sure she has a place to stay when she is released from the hospital. The fire destroyed the entire left side of the home and claimed the life of one of her three cats.
Anyone who wants to donate to the Charlotte Buxton Donation fund may do so at any Merrimack County Savings Bank branch.