Sep 27, 2016 3:29 PM
Friends saved overdosing man's life with Narcan in Portsmouth
PORTSMOUTH — Friends revive a man in dire condition with Narcan after he passes out from a drug overdose.
The man was at the Weatherstone Apartments Saturday at about 4 a.m. when he overdosed on a mixture of alcohol, cocaine and other drugs, according to Seacoast Online.
Recognizing that the man was overdosing, his friends administered a dose of Narcan and he began breathing again. The friends also called 911.
First responders arrived on scene and continued treatment. The male was transported to Portsmouth Regional Hospital, and arrived in stable condition.
New Hampshire has enacted laws to provide immunity to anyone calling 911 in order to save someone overdosing, therefore no arrests were made.