Apr 4, 2016 10:54 AM
Former Hanover principal under investigation for taking $30,000 in school funds
HANOVER - A principal of the Bernice A. Ray School who resigned abruptly in February is under investigation by school officials for taking more than $30,000 from a school fund for personal use.
According to The Valley News, School Superintendent Frank Bass wrote to parents Thursday, informing them of the investigation into Matthew Laramie and charges he made to the school's professional development account. Bass said the irregularities were caught in late January when a few, out-of-place receipts were submitted by Laramie.
“Then we began to start looking at other receipts and one thing led to another,” Bass told The Valley News.
Hanover Police Chief Charlie Dennis said on Thursday his department doesn’t have an open investigation into Laramie’s conduct, although it had been notified by the Hanover School District about the district’s investigation.
Attempts by The Valley News to reach Laramie were unsuccessful.