NH1 Motors Block
Facebook - Peterborough Fire and Rescue

Jun 11, 2017 7:48 PM

Firefighters urge citizens to check stain labels after car fire in NH

NH1.com

PETERBOROUGH — A car fire reportedly caused by the improper disposal of dirty rags.

According to a Peterborough Fire and Rescue Facebook post, the burnt vehicle had burned itself out prior to arrival.

Peterborough firefighters say that the homeowner arrived as crews were leaving the scene.

The owner of the vehicle told responders that he had been staining his deck earlier that day and sealed the used rags in a plastic bag. The bag was left on the seat of the now charcoal vehicle, which was allegedly the cause of the ignition.

Fire officials urge citizens to check the labels for proper rag disposal instructions. Even water based stains can ignite if not properly disposed of.

  • Story Photo
  • Story Photo
  • Story Photo
  • Story Thumbnail
  • Story Thumbnail
  • Story Thumbnail

--  Need a new car or even a boat? Click here to check out the all-new NH1 Motors --

--

»Comments

Must Read on NH1.com

Car Quiz NH1 Motors
NH1 NH Community Calendar and Event

NH1 Motors Featured Dealers

Grappone Automotive Group

Goodhue and Hawkins

First City Cars & Trucks

 Monday, 5:15 p.m. - President Donald Trump gives joint statements with Prime Minister Narendra Modi of India

 

 

 

NH1 on Facebook

NH1 on Twitter