Dec 25, 2015 4:26 PM
HOLLIS - A Christmas Eve fire seriously damaged a home on Farley Road, but firefighters managed to save the children's Christmas gifts.
Firefighters say the call came in shortly after 11 p.m. when a passing motorist reported the fire. When firefighters arrived, the breezeway, the garage and part of the house was burning. No one was home at the time of the fire, but the family's Christmas gifts were still inside.
Firefighters called in a second alarm and brought in additional manpower from Nashua, Amherst, Merrimack and Milford. The fire, which appeared to have started around the chimney area, was under control in just over an hour.
Hollis Fire Chief Rick Towne says the fire damage made the house unlivable so the family will be staying with relatives, but thanks to the firefighters, Santa came through for the children.
3 hours 43 minutes agoPolice believe the body found in the Merrimack River in Tyngsborough, MA is that of a 16-year-old boy who was swept down a storm...
4 hours 51 minutes agoPolice and fire departments recovered the body of a young man from the Merrimack River this afternoon. (More)
22 hours 57 minutes agoPolice are investigating the possibility that a missing teen was swept into a storm drain in the night during heavy rain. (More)
1 day 20 minutes agoPolice deployed a bomb squad and robot to investigate a suspicious package that appeared outside a Walmart on Lowell Road on Saturday. (More)
Oct 22, 2016 3:29 PMBelle Bowers, the mother of Democratic New Hampshire Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, has died. She was 94. (More)
Oct 22, 2016 11:31 AMNashua fire responded to over 50 calls in just a three hour period due to the heavy rainfall on Friday. (More)