Firefighters help evacuate daycare center after Merrimack gas leak
MERRIMACK - There were some tense moments and tough traffic in Merrimack on Friday afternoon.
A contractor working on Route 101A at a former McDonald’s restaurant hit a gas line causing a leak.
Firefighters had to carry children out of a daycare center in the area because of the strong gas order. Parents had to be called to pick up the children.
Route 101A in the area and Continental Boulevard were closed for about an hour and a half until Liberty Utilities turned off the gas line and the area was properly ventilated.
There were no reports of injuries.