Jan 13, 2016 10:47 AM
Firefighter pulls man from burning car in Salem after driver overdoses on heroin
SALEM – Police are still investigating an incident involving a man who was found passed out in his car with the vehicle up in flames Wednesday morning.
Police said that the man had recently shot up heroin and then got into his 2004 BMW to drive to work - but passed out with his foot lodged on the accelerator pedal causing the vehicle to overheat.
The man was taken to Holy Family Hospital and is in stable condition.
He is expected to be transported to Boston for further treatment to his lungs and for carbon monoxide poisoning.
Charges have not yet been filed and the case is still under investigation.