Mar 14, 2016 9:57 AM

Fire torches apartment in Manchester, damages estimated at $20,000

NH1 Digital Content Manager - NH1.com

MANCHESTER - An apartment went up in flames on Sunday night in Manchester.

Officials said they arrived on scene after a tenant notified the fire department that a fire was on the first floor of the apartment at 472 Granite Street.

A maintenance man tried to use extinguishers but both failed because of the heat.

Damage to the building was estimated at $20,000, according to officials.

One resident was displaced but no one was injured.

The fire remains under investigation.

Kevin Deane is the Digital Content Manager for NH1.com. You can email him at kdeane@nh1.com and follow him on Twitter, @kdeaneNH1.

--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

--

»Comments

Must Read on NH1.com

Concord, NH
Broken Clouds 35°
9am 36°
10am 38°
11am 39°
12pm 41°

 

N.H. DollarSaver

 

 

NH1 on Facebook

Download NH1 App

NH1 on Twitter

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome