Jul 29, 2016 5:00 PM

Fire that killed family of 4 in Manchester ruled accidental, started by smoking materials

NH1.com

MANCHESTER - Fire marshals believe that discarded smoking materials igniting upholstery caused a four-alarm fire which took the lives of four people on June 6.

The victims, Joshua Harrison, 33, Ailene Moody, 39, Joshua Harrison, 10, Jay Michael Garon, 8, all died from smoke inhalation, according to the Chief Medical Examiner's office.

The upholstery smoldered on the second story for an hour and a half before igniting.

Investigators found no evidence to suggest the fire was deliberate.

With more information, contact Investigator Sean Plumer, or District Chief Danielle Cole at (603) 223-4289 or to the Manchester Fire Department – Deputy Fire Marshal John Reese at (603) 669-2256.

--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

--

»Comments

Must Read on NH1.com

Concord, NH
Broken Clouds 49°
5pm 48°
6pm 46°
7pm 42°
8pm 40°

 

N.H. DollarSaver

 Thursday, 11:30 a.m. - NH Senate debates bill to tighten voting laws

Thursday, 1:30 p.m. - Daily briefing with White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer

Thursday, 2 p.m. - Senate Intelligence hearing on alleged interference by Russia interference in U.S. elections

 Friday, 10 a.m. - Latest storm update with Meteorologist Ryan Breton

NH1 on Facebook

Download NH1 App

NH1 on Twitter

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome