Real-time N.H. traffic updates
Embed Code Copied

Mar 23, 2016 3:51 PM

Fire that damages Peterborough home started by flammable floor-sanding materials

NH1.com

PETERBOROUGH - The improper disposal of floor sanding materials and rags are blamed for starting a fire at a home on Carley Road on Wednesday morning.

Firefighters say the call at 1 Carley Road came in just before 8 a.m., with the first unit arriving minutes later to fire showing from the front of the house and smoke coming from the attic.

Peterborough firefighters got help at the scene from Jaffrey, Antrim, Hancock, Greenfield, Milford, Keene and Temple firefighters.

Eversource also was called to assist by cutting power to the building. The fire was under control by 8:30 a.m. and the Red Cross was working with the residents of the home, firefighters said.

Firefighters are asking the public to follow manufacturer's recommendations when disposing of potentially flammable materials. Damage to the Carly Road home is estimated at $50,000.

--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

--

»Comments

Concord, NH
Broken Clouds 20°
6am 20°
7am 20°
8am 22°
9am 27°

 

N.H. DollarSaver

 

 

 

NH1 on Facebook

Download NH1 App

NH1 on Twitter

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome