Dec 22, 2015 7:40 PM

Fire department seeking donations after Newmarket blaze kills dog, displaces family

NH1.com

NEWMARKET-A family has been taked away from its home after a morning fire Tuesday morning.

At 9:23 a.m., Newmarkey Fire and rescue reported to a report of smoke showing from a residential building on Grant Road.

Officers arrived and confirmed a structire fire at 88 Grant Road shortly after the reports.

A dog was pulled from the building, but unfortunately could not be saved.

The Newmarket Fire Department is collecting donations and toys for the family and the little boy that lived there. He will turn four in February.

At 9:52 a.m. the fired was under control and put out.

It is believed to have started from a kitchen appliance.

Newfields, Durham, Lee, Dover and Stratham assisted at the scene.

--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

--

»Comments

Must Read on NH1.com

Concord, NH
Broken Clouds 36°
6am 36°
7am 35°
8am 36°
9am 38°

 

N.H. DollarSaver

 Tuesday, 7 p.m. - Trump gives remarks for Senators and their spouses

 

 

NH1 on Facebook

Download NH1 App

NH1 on Twitter

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome