Nov 26, 2015 2:08 PM
Facebook 'Most Used Word' app could pose privacy problems
A trend taking over Facebook could pose a threat to your personal information.
According to the Denver Channel, one user who used the “Most Used Words” app on the social network, said he woke up with several new, foreign Facebook friends that he did not accept.
Now, there are emerging complaints regarding the privacy issues that the app could include.
What precautions can you take?
Before you download the app, look at your Facebook profile and delete any unnecessary information about yourself, such as, your employer, birthday or middle name.
If you already have the app on your Facebook, follow these steps to protect yourself:
- Go to your Facebook page on a desktop computer
- Look in the upper right hand corner and click on the little upside down arrow. That will open a menu.
- Go to settings and click on it
- On the settings page, look at the menu on the left side of the screen and click on apps
- How many apps do you see? Do you remember downloading all of these?
- You can edit the settings or remove each app