Oct 5, 2015 5:46 PM
MANCHESTER - With vaporizers becoming more and more popular, they are also posing more of a threat.
A 17-year-old girl from Brookline was recently sent to the ER with severe burns to her face, hand and body when her vaporizer exploded while being used.
Mike Johnson, the owner of Manchester vape shop Holy Smokes, said underage kids are going to get vaporizers no matter their age.
"Just like buying beers when you're a kid in high school, same concept," said Johnson.
Johnson said that faulty equipment and not understanding how to use the vapes are when the dangerous situations become possible.
"Sometimes right before the battery explodes it'll start smoking and some acid will leak out of them," vaporizer user Ryan Letellier said. "They've put holes in the ground, I've seen them put holes in the ground."
As for the 17-year-old and her mother, the two are still recovering and are considering legal action.
As the owner of a smoke shop, Johnson advises anyone who smokes vaporizers to know where the product is from and to replace the batteries.
"Cheap batteries will (definitely) do that to you," Johnson said. "Medical bills are a lot more expensive than a $15 battery."
3 hours 31 minutes agoAutopsy results of the 16-year-old boy who was swept down a storm drain during heavy rain on Friday night are expected Monday. (More)
6 hours 39 minutes agoHillary Clinton’s taking her show outdoors. The Democratic presidential nominee’s rally Monday afternoon at St. Anselm College will now be held outside, in the...
16 hours 1 second agoThe community of Nashua is mourning as they learn the body pulled from the Merrimack River in Tyngsborough is believed to be 16-year-old Jacob...
23 hours 17 minutes agoPolice and fire departments recovered the body of a young man from the Merrimack River this afternoon. (More)
Oct 22, 2016 9:05 PMPolice are investigating the possibility that a missing teen was swept into a storm drain in the night during heavy rain. (More)