Mar 13, 2016 5:36 PM

Early morning Granite Street fire contained to one apartment in Manchester

NH1.com

MANCHESTER - Firefighters knocked down a fire in an apartment at 472 Granite Street shortly after midnight on Sunday, containing the damage to a single apartment in the four-story building.

Firefighters say a tenant notified them that the fire was on the first floor of the building's southeast corner. A maintenance man had gone through two fire extinguishers trying to put the fire out. Firefighters entered the unit and extinguished the blaze, removing a smoldering chair from the unit.

Firefighters dispersed smoke from the rest of the building and no other units were damaged. Damage to the one unit is estimated at $20,000.

One resident was displaced. The fire remains under investigation.

--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

--

»Comments

Must Read on NH1.com

Concord, NH
Broken Clouds 34°
5am 34°
6am 34°
7am 33°
8am 34°

 

N.H. DollarSaver

 

 

 

NH1 on Facebook

Download NH1 App

NH1 on Twitter

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome