Jun 6, 2015 10:07 AM

'Dual admission' program for community colleges, universities

The Associated Press

CONCORD — A new "dual admission" program has been developed for students to take courses at N.H. community colleges, then transfer to state colleges and universities to earn a bachelor's degree.

Students can enroll for the fall 2015 semester at any of N.H.'s seven community colleges and be jointly admitted to pathway programs at the University of New Hampshire, Plymouth State University, UNH-Manchester, Keene State College, and Granite State College. Advisers will work with each student to map out a course of study.

Students will earn an associate degree at a community college. If they maintain at least a 2.5 grade point average and meet the program requirements, they could continue at the university system to pursue a bachelor's degree.


--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

More from NH1.com

NH1 News Debates
NH1 News Replay

NH1 on Twitter

NH1 SkyView Cameras

NH1 on Facebook

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome