Apr 28, 2015 3:04 PM
Dryer fire forces Concord laundromat to remain closed
CONCORD - A dryer fire that started at the Suds Appeal Laundromat on Washington Street Monday night forced the business and nine residents of the adjacent apartments to be evacuated.
Firefighters were called to the scene at around 11:40 p.m. and were able to contain the fire quickly. One firefighter was treated for minor heat exhaustion, but no other injuries were reported.
Suds Appeal remained closed Tuesday as a result of the fire, which is still under investigation.