Drug sweep in Lawrence has Howie Carr asking Boston Globe columnist to apologize to Sununu
LAWRENCE, Mass. — With the announcement of a federal drug sweep in Lawrence, Howie Carr is asking a Boston Globe columnist to apologize to Governor Chris Sununu, who previously claimed that most of the drugs in New Hampshire comes from the Massachusetts city.
"It's coming from Lawrence," Sununu said on March 1 as he spoke at a breakfast hosted by Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce. "Eighty-five percent of the Fentanyl in this state is coming straight out of Lawrence, Massachusetts."
This statement led Boston Globe columnist Thomas Farragher to write an editorial entitled, "Dear Governor Sununu, visit Lawrence before you speak," in which Farragher said Sununu made that claim without any evidence.
"There’s anger in Lawrence about the unfair stereotyping of which they find you guilty," Farragher wrote on March 10.
Almost three months later, the Massachusetts Department of Justice announced Tuesday that more than 200 federal, state and local law enforcement officers took part in a yearlong investigation dubbed "Operation Bad Company," "aimed at attacking the Fentanyl and heroin problem in the Lawrence area."
This federal drug sweep led to the arrests of over 30 people facing drug, gun and immigration charges for their role in the distribution of Fentanyl, heroin and cocaine in and around the Lawrence area.
With the revelation of this sweep, Carr, conservative radio talk show host and columnist for the Boston Herald, is asking Farragher to apologize for his piece published in the Boston Globe.
This tweet garnered almost 60 likes and 20 retweets, including from NH Young Republicans and former State Representative Joe Sweeney.
NOTE: The Howie Carr Show can be heard each weekday from 3-7 p.m. on NH1 News on 99.1, WTSN on 98.1 and 1270AM, and WEMJ on 107.3 and 1490AM.