Dec 14, 2014 3:13 PM
Dozens treated for carbon monoxide at ice rink
The Associated Press
LAKE DELTON, Wis. (AP) Authorities say a carbon monoxide leak during a junior hockey game at a Wisconsin ice rink sent dozens of people to hospitals.
The Wisconsin State Journal (http://bit.ly/1BD4Ep4 ) reports that at least 81 people were treated for symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning after the leak was discovered at Poppy Waterman Ice Rink in Lake Delton on Saturday.
The Delton Fire Department says players reported having headaches, dizziness and nausea after a game between the Dells Ducks and the Rochester Ice Hawks.
Only one person was known to still be receiving treatment Sunday. The Minnesota Junior Hockey League says one Ducks player was getting oxygen therapy at a hyperbaric chamber in Milwaukee.
The cause of the leak is unknown.
Information from: Wisconsin State Journal, http://www.madison.com/wsj