Jul 30, 2016 4:03 PM
Dover residents; here are the roads you should avoid tomorrow during the race
DOVER — There will be road closures tomorrow from 8 a.m. till about 11 a.m. in Dover due to the SIX03 race event.
This event includes a combined 5K and 10K course run simultaneously, starting at the Dover Ice Arena (110 Portland Ave) and ending at Philbrick's Sports (161 Portland Ave).
On Sunday, July 31, 2016 at 9 a.m., the following street closures will be in effect, in the direction and during the times noted below:
- From 8 to 11 a.m., Atlantic Avenue and Gulf Road will be one-way outbound only, towards Maine, from Portland Avenue to Baer Road. Inbound traffic from Maine will be diverted onto Baer Road through Rollinsford;
- From 9 to 10:30 a.m., Portland Avenue will be open only to one-way traffic in the easterly direction from Roger Street to Oak Street. Traffic from Rollinsford will be diverted north onto Oak Street at the Rollinsford town line.
- From 9 to 9:30 a.m., Oak Street will be open only to one-way traffic in the northerly direction from Portland Avenue to Broadway. Southerly traffic on Oak Street is diverted onto Broadway toward downtown Dover.
- From 9 to 9:30 a.m., Oak Street will be closed in both directions from Portland Avenue to Gulf Road.
- From 9 to 9:15 a.m., Broadway will be open only to one-way traffic in the westerly direction from St. John Street to Oak Street
Motorists should expect delays in these areas or be prepared to follow marked detours, especially while the road races are ongoing between 9 and 10:30 a.m.
Dover and Rollinsford police personnel and a number of event volunteers will be on hand to help manage the flow of traffic along the race route.
Parking restrictions will also be in effect along Portland Avenue east of Roger Street on the day of the event.