Jun 6, 2016 4:41 PM
MANCHESTER - The apartment complex that was the scene of a deadly 4-alarm fire was up to code, according to city documents.
The building at the corner of Wilson and Harvard streets housed seven residential and two ground-level commercial units and was in compliance with building code.
Two children and two adults were killed early Monday in the fire. Firefighters say they were all living in the same apartment unit.
Buildings in Manchester are inspected once every three years.
198 Wilson St. was most recently inspected in November and was written up for 44 code violations, including missing smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. However, all violations were corrected when the inspector returned in mid-December.
The certificate of compliance issued at that time was revoked this morning when news of the fire reached city hall.
In total, firefighters say they rescued 30 people from the building. Fire Chief Daniel Goonan says none of the seven apartment units that were occupied are livable now, due to either fire or water damage.
1 hour 49 seconds agoAutopsy results of the 16-year-old boy who was swept down a storm drain during heavy rain on Friday night are expected Monday. (More)
4 hours 8 minutes agoHillary Clinton’s taking her show outdoors. The Democratic presidential nominee’s rally Monday afternoon at St. Anselm College will now be held outside, in the...
13 hours 29 minutes agoThe community of Nashua is mourning as they learn the body pulled from the Merrimack River in Tyngsborough is believed to be 16-year-old Jacob...
20 hours 46 minutes agoPolice and fire departments recovered the body of a young man from the Merrimack River this afternoon. (More)
Oct 22, 2016 9:05 PMPolice are investigating the possibility that a missing teen was swept into a storm drain in the night during heavy rain. (More)