Feb 16, 2016 4:31 PM
District: Student booted from school after making threats against Sanborn Regional High
The Associated Press
KINGSTON (AP) — Officials say a student made threats against a New Hampshire high school.
Superintendent Brian Blake tells WMUR-TV that a student came forward after hearing a fellow student's comments about an upcoming pep rally at Sanborn Regional High School in Kingston.
Kingston is located about 15 miles southwest of Portsmouth.
School administrators sent parents a letter Monday informing them a threat had been made against the school.
Blake says the student is no longer in school.
Students are allowed to stay home on Friday. The school is staying open and classes will resume.
Blake says health and safety of students is their top priority. Blake is also encouraging all students to attend classes on Friday.
Kingston police are investigating.
Police are expected to be at the pep rally.