Jul 11, 2016 11:04 AM
District considers appealing high school schedule ruling
The Associated Press
CLAREMONT (AP) — A New Hampshire school district is considering appealing a decision to revert a high school back to a block schedule format to the state's highest court.
SAU 6 Superintendent Middleton McGoodwin told The Eagle Times last week that officials are considering an interim appeal to the state Supreme Court.
The state Public Employee Labor Relations Board ruled July 7 the district must stop implementing a new schedule and take steps to go back to the block schedule at Stevens High School.
The block schedule had students taking four classes that met every day for one semester. The new one required students to take eight courses for the entire year with classes meeting on alternating days.
McGoodwin says the schedule planned for 2016-17 will revert to the old schedule.