Jul 17, 2015 11:00 AM
Derry fire leaves woman dead, man hospitalized
DERRY - A woman died, and a man was taken to the Parkland Medical Center after a fire on 157 Bypass 28 Thursday night.
Crews reported being hampered by hoarding conditions when trying to move through the house.
The Derry Fire Communications Center received a report of smoke coming from the building at 10:05 p.m.
First responders noted smoke coming from the second floor while victims were still in the house.
Derry police and mutual aid officers arrived, and removed one victim from the first floor and another from the second floor.
The Red Cross has been asked to help with housing for the surviving male.