Nov 1, 2016 6:46 PM
DERRY — A Garelick Farms refrigerator box truck caught fire and its tractor was engulfed in flames at about noon Tuesday.
The driver said he saw the fire in the refrigerator unit of the truck, failed to put it out with a fire extinguisher and called the police.
The truck was parked in the loading dock, which exposed the building to fire and smoke. 30 Manchester Road was evacuated as a result of the incident.
The fire extended to the trailer. Once the fire was put out, crews discovered that intense heat had melted the top off of a fuel tank.
A hazmat team was dispatched to deal with possible fuel leaks, but none were discovered. No one was injured, but the tractor was destroyed, and the trailer was badly damaged. All the dairy products inside were condemned. The building was deemed safe and all businesses reopened.
24 minutes 1 second agoGovernor-elect Chris Sununu says it’s crucial for Granite State Republicans to “stay disciplined” and “stay positive.” And in a one-on-one interview with NH1 News,...
1 hour 21 minutes agoFormer astronaut and U.S. Sen. John Glenn has died in Ohio. He was 95. (More)
5 hours 22 minutes agoNew England Patriots star WR Julian Edelman posted a photo to Instagram holding baby Lily - seemingly acknowledging that he is her father for...
5 hours 46 minutes agoA Merrimack photography studio abruptly closed leaving dozens of families without their paid portraits. (More)
5 hours 52 minutes agoManchester NH police responded to a residence on Sullivan Street for a report of an armed burglary. (More)
19 hours 58 minutes agoLongtime New Hampshire Secretary of State Bill Gardner made the case Wednesday for improving the state’s election laws. In his acceptance speech after state...