Police: Dad overdoses in NH Dunkin' Donuts bathroom, leaving 9-year-old son unattended
Written by NH1.com on .
MANCHESTER — A Boston man overdosed on heroin in a Dunkin' Donuts bathroom, leaving his 9-year-old son unattended, police said.
Officers responded to Dunkin' Donuts at 855 Candia Rd. around 5 p.m. Saturday for an overdose inside of the bathroom. Manchester Fire and AMR personnel spoke with Christopher Morrissey, 26 of Boston, and a 9-year-old boy Morrissey was with.
Morrissey allegedly entered the bathroom to ingest heroin as he left the 9-year-old unattended in the main dining area. The boy alerted a staff member that Morrissey was inside the bathroom for a long period of time, so they entered the bathroom and located the unconscious man, police said. Staff members called 911, which resulted in the fire and AMR personnel to arrive and administer Narcan.
Officials placed the child in the care of his grandmother as Morrissey was transported to Elliot Hospital.
He was charged with endangering the welfare of a child and was released on $2,000 personal recognizance bail with a court date of Sept. 6.