Nov 2, 2015 12:36 PM
Couple seeking help moving after they discover toddler son has lead poisoning
LACONIA - A New Hampshire couple whose toddler son is suffering from lead poisoning is looking for help to move to a new apartment.
Christine and James McNeil said their 15-month-old son James Jr. has been diagnosed with lead poisoning, and the Department of Health and Human Services said it's from paint on the windowsills and other parts of their apartment.
The McNeils said at the time that they rented the apartment, the rental agreement stated that it was unknown if there was lead present.
The couple said they have found a new apartment to move into but are unable to pay the deposit as James McNeil is currently unemployed.
They also have three other children who are concerned for the health of their brother.
The McNeil's have set up a Go Fund Me account to raise money for the deposit on the new apartment so they can move and restore James' health.