Oct 31, 2016 4:40 PM
CLAREMONT— The Chiefs Administrative review of the police-involved shooting death of 25-year-old Cody Lafont in Claremont has been completed and the officer is back on duty.
Corporal Ian Kibbe, a two-and-a-half-year member of the Claremont Police Department, was the only officer present during the time of the shooting, police said. The attorney general's office ruled the shooting was justified on Oct. 19.
Claremont police chief Alex Scott said in a statement Monday that the officer has been returned to line-duty status effective that day.
"The report was completed on October 27, 2016 and was not released until today to provide Mr. Lafont’s family an opportunity to meet with us and review it," Scott said. You can read the full report here.
Police went to Lafont's home on Sept. 25 after Lafont repeatedly called 9-1-1. When the officer arrived, they believed Lafont had been drinking.
Lafont reportedly had a gun and stepped toward the officer, officer Corporal Ian Kibbe believed he was in danger and fired.
5 hours 22 minutes agoNH1 News catches up with the Dunbarton family that was in a horrific car crash in July and miraculously survived. (More)
6 hours 24 minutes agoKatlyn Marin, 27, will serve 45 years to life in prison after a judge found her guilty in the beating death of her toddler...
6 hours 41 minutes agoRoger Joseph Dana, 43, was arrested Friday afternoon and charged with second-degree murder for recklessly causing the death of 2-year-old Madison Dana. (More)
8 hours 7 minutes ago7 more people have been arrested as part of Nashua NH's investigation into drug use and sales in the Gate City. (More)
8 hours 22 minutes agoIt looks like come January, Jeanie Forrester will most likely be moving her office from the State House about one mile south on Main...
10 hours 51 minutes agoThe mother of Eve Tarmey, one of three adults held responsible for the 17-year-old's overdose death, was sentenced to two years in federal prison...