Real-time N.H. traffic updates
downtown Keene

Dec 19, 2015 11:55 AM

Citywide natural gas emergency in Keene, alerts issued to residents

NH1.com

KEENE - A natural gas emergency has led to citywide alerts from the fire department and Liberty Utilities, urging people to evacuate if they smell gas and to take precautions against carbon monoxide poisoning.

"Open windows & move to fresh air if headaches or dizzyness," Liberty Utilities is recommending to its Keene customers.

"The Keene Fire Department urges anyone that smells natural gas to call the Fire Department. If you have a problem with a natural gas appliance, shut off the gas, evacuate the building and call the Fire Department. We are currently working with several agencies and are identifying and correcting the problem," the fire department announced.

Efforts to contact Liberty Utilities were not immediately successful

--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

--

»Comments

Concord, NH
Broken Clouds 33°
10pm 32°
11pm 30°
12am 29°
1am 28°

 

N.H. DollarSaver

 

 

 

NH1 on Facebook

Download NH1 App

NH1 on Twitter

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome