Dec 19, 2015 11:55 AM
Citywide natural gas emergency in Keene, alerts issued to residents
KEENE - A natural gas emergency has led to citywide alerts from the fire department and Liberty Utilities, urging people to evacuate if they smell gas and to take precautions against carbon monoxide poisoning.
"Open windows & move to fresh air if headaches or dizzyness," Liberty Utilities is recommending to its Keene customers.
"The Keene Fire Department urges anyone that smells natural gas to call the Fire Department. If you have a problem with a natural gas appliance, shut off the gas, evacuate the building and call the Fire Department. We are currently working with several agencies and are identifying and correcting the problem," the fire department announced.
Efforts to contact Liberty Utilities were not immediately successful