Jan 5, 2016 5:40 PM

Chimney fire, smoke damage single-family home in Derry


DERRY - A single family home was damaged Tuesday after the resident reported a chimney fire.

The report came from 14 Park Ave. in Derry, and smoke would soon spread into the exterior walls and ceilings of the first and second floor.

Officials responded at about 12:15 p.m.

Because of widespread extension into the wood framing and exterior wood siding, an extensive amount of overhaul was needed to contain, control and extinguish the fire.

Aside from significant amounts of charring and soot stains, there was also a moderate amount of water damage to areas which had light smoke damage.

There were no one was injured in the fire.


--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

More from NH1.com

NH1 News Debates
NH1 News Replay

NH1 on Twitter

NH1 SkyView Cameras

NH1 on Facebook

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome