NH1 News Debates


Nov 10, 2014 4:38 PM

Cat killed in Jaffrey fire; residents alerted by smoke detectors


JAFFREY - A two-alarm fire destroyed half of a duplex and killed a cat Sunday night.

Jaffrey crews responded to reports of a grease fire in the first-floor kitchen, around 5:35 p.m. The fire extended out the front door to the porch area.

The resident, who was on the second floor at the time, was alerted to the fire by a smoke detector.

Crews had the fire under control by 6:07 p.m. but remained on scene until about 8:30.

There was minor damage to the second unit of the duplex.

Residents of both units were able to find places to stay with help of the property management company and friends.


--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

More from NH1.com

NH1 News Debates
NH1 News Replay

NH1 on Twitter

NH1 SkyView Cameras

NH1 on Facebook

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome