NH1 News Debates


Oct 13, 2014 4:53 PM

Boys save dog from burning home in Plymouth, NH


PLYMOUTH - From inside a burning Plymouth mobile home, two boys - brothers Ryan Davis and Brandon Roy - heard the barking of a dog.

"I had to get in there right away, try to save the dog. If it was my dog I'd want someone to save it. I think we still had some time to get in there before the house really took off," said Davis, who rescued the dog.

The fire was sparked by an unattended wood stove.

"The smoke just came right at us, we couldn't breathe at all. We couldn't get in there or anything. Brandon and I ran in the back and I pushed one of the windows open and he came from behind and just smashed one of the windows," Davis said.

The boys ran toward the flames to save the dogs. One dog was already safe, but the other was trapped.

"The dog was right there walking, he was scared as hell. He walked out, and I just brought him over," Davis said.

The family is recovering, and the boys say they plan to help in the clean-up.

"They are always getting involved with things that need help if anyone needs help they'll be there helping out," said Donald Hunter, the boy's neighbor.


--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

More from NH1.com

NH1 News Debates
NH1 News Replay

NH1 on Twitter

NH1 SkyView Cameras

NH1 on Facebook

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome