Oct 13, 2014 4:53 PM
PLYMOUTH - From inside a burning Plymouth mobile home, two boys - brothers Ryan Davis and Brandon Roy - heard the barking of a dog.
"I had to get in there right away, try to save the dog. If it was my dog I'd want someone to save it. I think we still had some time to get in there before the house really took off," said Davis, who rescued the dog.
The fire was sparked by an unattended wood stove.
"The smoke just came right at us, we couldn't breathe at all. We couldn't get in there or anything. Brandon and I ran in the back and I pushed one of the windows open and he came from behind and just smashed one of the windows," Davis said.
The boys ran toward the flames to save the dogs. One dog was already safe, but the other was trapped.
"The dog was right there walking, he was scared as hell. He walked out, and I just brought him over," Davis said.
The family is recovering, and the boys say they plan to help in the clean-up.
"They are always getting involved with things that need help if anyone needs help they'll be there helping out," said Donald Hunter, the boy's neighbor.
5 hours 55 seconds agoU.S. Attorney for New Hampshire Emily Rice announced that 25 people have been indicted on heroin trafficking charges, all apart of a drug dealing...
5 hours 15 minutes agoHours ahead of an NH1 News prime time gubernatorial debate, Republican nominee Chris Sununu and fellow executive councilor and Democratic nominee Colin Van Ostern...
7 hours 25 minutes agoPolice have recovered marijuana plants from the home involved in an attempted burglary after obtaining a search warrant. (More)
10 hours 15 minutes agoA resident shot a gun at an unarmed intruder that attempted to burglarize their home, police said. (More)
12 hours 42 minutes agoReports of shots fired during a possible burglary prompted police response, Wednesday morning. (More)