photo courtesy: Jay Heath

Feb 20, 2016 12:19 PM

Boscawen home catches fire as owner tries to thaw pipes

NH1.com

BOSCAWEN - A Boscawen mobile home was destroyed after catching fire Friday morning.

According to the Concord Monitor, the home caught fire when the homeowner tried to thaw water pipes with an electric heater.

Fire Chief Ray Fisher told the Monitor the heater “caught the floorboards underneath the mobile home on fire and the rest is history.”

The residents escaped safely. The fire did not spread to other homes in the area.

The American Red Cross was assisting four adults and two children displaced in the fire.

--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

--

»Comments

Must Read on NH1.com

Concord, NH
Broken Clouds 34°
7am 34°
8am 35°
9am 35°
10am 36°

 

N.H. DollarSaver

 

 

 

NH1 on Facebook

Download NH1 App

NH1 on Twitter

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome