NH1 News Debates


May 22, 2015 12:08 PM

AG charges man with felony for fake election news release

The Associated Press

CONCORD — New Hampshire's attorney general says a man faces a felony charge after sending out a fake news release saying a woman vying for a House seat in a special election had dropped out of the race.

Attorney General Joseph Foster says 28-year-old Carl Gibson of Concord was charged Friday with felony voter suppression and a misdemeanor count of distributing a false document.

The target of that press release — 19-year-old Republican Yvonne Dean-Bailey — won the election to represent Candia, Deerfield, Northwood and Nottingham by a close margin over Maureen Mann.

Gibson, who had been working for Mann, is scheduled to be arraigned June 22 in Concord District Court. He told the Concord Monitor earlier this week he "probably had one too many beers" before sending out the false email.


--  Dealing with the Disease of Addiction? Click here for help --

More from NH1.com

NH1 News Debates
NH1 News Replay

NH1 on Twitter

NH1 SkyView Cameras

NH1 on Facebook

Check out NH1 News Rail Polls on LockerDome on LockerDome