Nov 27, 2014 5:58 AM
MANCHESTER - The holidays are a busy time of year but don't make yourself a target for criminals.
The Manchester Police Department offers tips for how to stay safe shopping this holiday season.
1. Be aware of where your purse is while holiday shopping. People often leave it in a shopping cart where it can be easily stolen.
2. Avoid carrying large amounts of cash while shopping.
3. Carry your money in your front pocket, not your purse or wallet.
4. Don't put boxes for your new big screen TV or computer out by the road on trash pickup day. That tells everyone what's inside your home.
5. Avoid overloading yourself with packages. Make several trips to the car and place them in the trunk.
6. Even though you are rushed and thinking of a thousand things, stay focused and alert.
7. Shop during the daylight hours, or with a friend at night.
8. If you go on vacation during the holidays, have someone shovel your driveway and take in the mail.
9. UPS often leaves packages at the door during the holidays. This is a target for thieves. Leave a note to put the packages at a side door.
9 hours 59 minutes agoRepublican Congressman Frank Guinta and former Democratic Congresswoman Carol Shea-Porter litigated old arguments and fought over new issues as they faced off for the...
12 hours 43 minutes agoThe Nashua community is mourning the loss of Jacob Goulet, who officials believe died after he was swept into a storm drain on Friday....
13 hours 7 minutes agoPolice say they've arrested a man dressed as a tree for blocking traffic in Maine. (More)
16 hours 43 minutes agoPremiums will go up sharply next year under President Barack Obama's health care law, and many consumers will be down to just one insurer....
17 hours 47 minutes agoPublic Works were unable to determine how the cover of a sewer drain became ajar, allowing for a 16-year-old to be swept down the...