Jan 28, 2015 7:45 PM
6 taken to the hospital after being exposed to carbon monoxide in Fremont
FREMONT - Six people were taken to the hospital after being exposed to carbon monoxide Wednesday evening.
Fire crews responded to the home on Riverside Drive around 6 p.m.
They found two adults and four children suffering from exposure to the deadly gas. All six were taken to Portsmouth Regional Hospital.
Crews checked the vents and found that they all were properly shoveled out.
Fire officials believe the problem could have been from a malfunctioning furnace.
This isn't the first carbon monoxide call for the Fremont Fire Department this winter. They have responded to several calls, including one on Tuesday. In that case, a roof vent had been clogged with snow.