NECMF

Dec 9, 2015 11:53 AM

4-alarm fire erupts at Gas Light Co. restaurant in downtown Portsmouth

NH1.com

PORTSMOUTH - A four-alarm fire has engulfed a well-known restaurant on Market Street in Portsmouth on Tuesday morning.

According to Fosters.com, fire officials responded to 64 Market St. - a building that holds the Portsmouth Gas Light Co. restaurant and several residences on the higher floors.

The flames began around 10 a.m. and at one point were visible through the roof.

Traffic is is being diverted but businesses are still open.

NH1 News is on the scene and we'll update the story as more details become available.

--  Need a new car or even a boat? Click here to check out the all-new NH1 Motors --

--

»Comments

Must Read on NH1.com

NH1 Dining

NH1 on Facebook

NH1 on Twitter